Sunday, July 19, 2009

Slow Blog Day

My sister’s always trying to get me post more home movies on this blog, but I’ve generally been resisting it. I think the main reason is because I think that most home movies are boring as all hell. Not just everybody else's home movies, but my home movies too. Since the girls were born, I’ve taken hours and hours of footage, most of which I can't even get myself to sit down and watch. When I do end up watching it, I find it usually consists of one or both of the girls staring at the camera with a kinda puzzled look on their face that says “Why is daddy holding that thing with the blinky red light in front of his face?"

It's as if the video camera seems to have some sort of magical power over the babies that suddenly makes them boring. It doesn't matter if the girls are singing showtunes and doing backflips -- as soon as I take out the video camera and point it at them, they suddenly go silent and motionless, as if the camera were some sort of weirdly-shaped baby-paralyzer gun. Basically, my girls are that frog on the WB cartoons.

So if I'm the girls' father and I can't stand to sit through the videos for more than a couple minutes, I can’t in good conscience subject anybody else to it. That would just be cruel and unusual punishment.

But I'm gonna do it anyway. My apologies.

In my defense: (1) these two videos are really short, (2) they're really the cream of the crop -- I hereby certify that these are the least boring videos in our collection, and (3) I'm coming up dry today on blog topics. The first video is from a couple weeks ago and shows Leah and Riley cracking each other up from across the room, and the second video is from this weekend and shows Riley discovering that she can scoot herself backwards.

Enjoy. Or, more appropriately, I'm sorry.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home