Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mushy Post #2

In honor of the season, here are some things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving:
  1. Epidurals (I believe Kathy would second that motion)
  2. The curious calming effect that white noise has on babies
  3. Friends who somehow bring us lasagnas and cookies just for the privilege of seeing our babies
  4. "Bedtime with the Beatles", which makes it possible for me to listen to baby Musak day after day after day without wanting to shoot myself
  5. Outdoor cafes where we can eat lunch without worrying about our babies ruining everyone's meal with their fussing
  6. The number of good takeout places in San Francisco
  7. The glorious night two nights ago where the babies slept for one three hour and fifteen minute stretch, and then one three hour stretch. (Oh, glorious glorious night.)
  8. The fact that my office somehow let me take eight weeks off to watch my babies grow a little
  9. This girl I met eight weeks ago tomorrow:
  10. This other girl I met about 25 minutes later:

Have a great thanksgiving, folks!

3 Comments:

At 11/27/2008 9:59 AM, Blogger Umo said...

First of all, I miss you guys! It's great to see how adorable and BIG the twins are getting. I'm thankful for you!

Second, those are some STYLIN' hats my nieces are sporting.

 
At 11/27/2008 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auntie Melissa,

Your nieces request additional (slightly larger) hats for Christmas!

 
At 11/27/2008 2:30 PM, Blogger Umo said...

Can do. Auntie is on it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home